Facebook has written, as well as unwritten rules that they expect their user to follow. If you break one of the rules implanted by Facebook you run the risk of getting a warning or getting your account or your Fan page banned completely. There are several different reasons why your account and Fanpage could end up getting banned on Facebook, below is just a list of obvious deactivation reasons:
- If you send out too many friend requests within one day, session you risk the chances of having your account banned.
- If you transcribe too many wall posts or you compose multiple posts that are identical your account can become deactivated.
- You repeatedly send out the exact same friend request message to all recipients that you are hoping to befriend.
- You send event invitation to big amount in one session
- Upload a photo to our wall to enter and win!
- The first 10 people to comment on this post win tickets.
- Wall Post Like: Press Like on this comment to win a prize.
- Wall Post Like: 50th fan will win a slab of (something)!
- You send messages to your Group members “too many” times simultaneously.
- You message your Event invitees “too many” times simultaneously.
- Wall Post Like: Tag yourself in this photo and win tickets or coupon.
- Wall Post Like: Mention our page in your status to get a coupon or win a prize
- You make “too many” wall posts in one session/day/week– especially if the posts have identical content and links.
- You copy and paste the same friend request message “too many” times.
- You send “too many” identical emails to individual friends and/or friend lists.
- You “poke” too many people (please tell me you’re not poking people!)
- You join too many groups.
- You post too many promotional links
- alcohol, tobacco, firearms, or prescription drugs are not allowed to be offered as rewards.
How can you avoid having your account or Fanpage deleted from the system?
First of all Facebook wants you to be authentic in everything you do online.
Simple: Avoid doing all stuff mentions in above list to not getting banned
All you need to do is not do anything in excess. Instead of sending out multiple group invites start building up your Facebook network in a slow manner, this way you can enjoy using the system without having the fears of being deleted from it
If you are running some Promotion campaign strictly Follow Promotions Guidelines
After Facebook Started banning Very Powerful Brand Fanpage and Account lots of social media company started its promotion about creating Social media campaign and Fanpage that doesn’t get banned.
How to Choose Social Media Company?
As people start accepting social media as his part of internet marketing strategy its opens lots of scope to SEOs and Link builders so in the internet marketing world, every Tom, Dick and Harry has come out saying they are social media experts. And there is nothing wrong in it but..
You Must Ask some of these Questions Before You Hiring Social Media Consultant.
- When engaging in social media marketing will you keep my targeted audience as per geographical situation in mind?
- Do you Understand Mindset of my customer about his need. Will you Post, Messages or Tweet encourage him to convert in customer?
- How will you create a system to take the online conversation offline?
- How engaged are you in social media conversations?
- Do you Follow Social Media site Policies?
- What if my Fanpage Get Banned? It will surely Damage my Company and Its Brand Value…. Will you be responsible for that?
- When focusing on social media profiles do you focus on keyword optimization and being found first for my Product?
- How can you ensure that my social media messaging stays consistent with my branding?
Don’t choose right away! Take your time and follow a selection, read their blogs, like their Facebook page and really get to know them.
Leave a comment
Get email updates
About Mitul Dadhania
Mitul Dadhania is a Founder of two companies: Ideas Infosoft Pvt. Ltd and WebChanakya. Also He is a Creator of Invest Plus [Top Ranked Personal Finance and Portfolio Management Software in India] and Social Media Payment system PaySocial.in and some other online ventures.
Throughout Mitul’s 9-year career in online marketing, he has assisted hundreds of companies with search engine optimization, Internet Marketing, market research and analytics, website optimization and e-commerce business management.